Thursday, August 23, 2007

Why do BabyBoomers respond so powerfully to music?


Last week I was right outside of Helen, GA giving a fun, fun presentation to a room-full of activity directors for Senior Centers across the state of Georgia on "Music and Babyboomers: An Inseparable Connection."

One of the things we talked about was how recorded music and live music has been available to the babyboomers more than any previous generation. As a babyboomer I know that I had a tiny record player as a little girl, a radio of my own starting at about age 8, a transistor radio as a teen. Then came my stereo in college, a cassette player later, 8-tracks as a young married, then CD's and now MP3's in my iPod! Wow! That's a lot of access to music. So probably we babyboomers have heard more different music than any generation plus we've gotten it on TV and had more and more access to live concerts than any previous generation!

I'd love to know your thoughts on this topic, especially if you're a babyboomer!

Also, don't forget to visit my other site:http://www.blogger.com/www.babyboomerarticles.com.

No comments: