Monday, April 21, 2008

What Songs Make YOUR Heart go "Thump-Thump?"

I wish I had more pictures from my high school years! I guess I could scan some things from my yearbooks of the two high schools I attended. Those good old black and white pictures live in my memory, but it's hearing those songs that I danced to with my boyfriends that I really enjoy! We started having dances at school and at church in the 7th grade! That seems a little young to me now but at the time I definitely loved it! From that point on, I associated different love songs with different boys and schools and churches and proms!
I would love to put a list together of people's favorite dance songs from the late 50's, 60's and 70's. Please post your list to this blog and then I'll publish the results! Have a great day!

1 comment:

Tony Dollars said...

This is a wonderful site Alice, thank you for the invite! I like the idea of remembering our love songs. I never got the title, "BABY BOOMERS." I guess I never was good at titles. The ages seem to evade me. One analysit says one age group another something else.

Anyway, my favorite songs of my young days were never slow songs. I hated slow songs. I only wanted to hear songs that made me feel like dancing, or put me in a more empowered mood. "What's going on," Marvin Gaye, Serpentine Fire," Earth Wind & Fire, "Flash Light," ParlamentFunkadellic, "Candy," Cameo, "Freak of The Week," ParlamentFunkadellic, the list goes on. But I guess I wanted to always be happy, excited and on the move. I would walk from the east end to the west end of Louisville almost daily. I would walk from 15th street to Bellarmine College to take piano classes from the inspiration of that music. Oh, I do remember one slow song that had my attention, "I'm so into you," by Peabo Bryson.