Monday, August 07, 2006

Have you been to a high school reunion?


This weekend I am going to my 40th high school reunion in Aiken, S.C. I only went there for one year, my final year in high school. Even though I was not a happy camper at first, I met some great kids, had some wonderful teachers (Bobo, Barlow, and Butler) and danced and dated to some great music! Much of this music brings back surges of memories and emotion. Among my faves:

Ain't Too Proud to Beg - The Temptations
Born Free - Roger Williams
California Dreamin' - The Mamas & The Papas
Cherish - The Association
Devil with a Blue Dress On
Winchester Cathedral
When A Man Loves A Woman - Percy Sledge
These Boots Are Made for Walkin - Nancy Sinatra
Supremes - "You Can't Hurry Love"
Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles
Wipe Out - Surfaris


I'm wondering if I'll see my old boyfriend...I'll keep you posted!

P.S. I did see my old boyfriend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see a blog for us parents of baby boomers. My children were born in the mid 1960s.
Anne
http://www.newswriting.net
(author of 72 books)

Anonymous said...

How about a blog for us parents of baby boomers who spend our time writing books and magazine articles?

Granny Annie

http://www.newswriting.net

Alice H. Cash said...

Sure! I think that's great idea. It is sooo easy to start a blog on any topic and it's free. Just go to www.blogger.com and get started! I have ten blogs already and don't have time to keep up one more! It's really fun too!

Alice